Hi guys, this is a great way to practice the present perfect! This activity was kindly given to me by Claudio our coordinator, who has a wonderful blog:
I hope you like it.
Alvin and the Chipmunks: 6'48
Watch the movie segment. Pay attention to the activities the characters have performed during that day. Write CH if one of the chipmunks, Alvin, Simon or Theodore, performed the activity, DA if Dave (the man) did it, BO if both Dave and the Chipmunks performed it, and NO if nobody has performed it during the segment.
1. ( ) Watch TV
2. ( ) Open the food cabinet to steal something to eat.
3. ( ) Skate around the kitchen.
4. ( ) Play tennis.
5. ( ) Pour cheetos into a bowl.
6. ( ) Hide in the kitchen cabinets.
7. ( ) Remove the kitchen utensils from the cabinets.
8. ( ) Throw a jar at Dave's head.
9. ( ) Faint.
10. ( ) Read a book.
11. ( ) Speak English.
12. ( ) Turn on some kitchen appliances.
13. ( ) Throw the chipmunks out of the house.
14. ( ) Try to reeenter the house.
15) ( ) Call the police.
16) ( ) Close the window shades.
17) ( ) Sweep the floor.
18) ( ) Stand in the rain.
19) ( ) Sing songs in the garden.
20) ( ) Dance very happily.
Now write sentences using the present perfect sentence. You CANNOT start the sentence with the word "nobody". You may add "already" or "yet" if it's possible.
EX: Dave has watched TV
The chipmunks have opened the food cabinet to steal something to eat.