quarta-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2008

Reported Speech

Usage: We use reported speech when we want to report something that someone said.

We Change the verb tenses in the following way

Simple present----------Simple past
simple past-------Past Perfect
Present perfect-------Past Perfect
Will---------------Would
Can--------------Could
May-----Might


Here is some practice for you: Report what people said:

“I have read ten books”, my friend told me.


“I may be absent next week”, I told my teacher.


“You should go out more”, my mom told me!


"I told my friends that I had played nintendo when I was young."


“You are late”, the teacher told me.


“I don’t live in Brasilia”, I told my friend.


“I didn’t do my homework”, I told the teacher


“I played nintendo when I was young”, I told my friends.

Nenhum comentário: